Monday, February 7, 2011

You can't beat a hard-boiled egg...

There comes a time in every man's life when he stops using clichés to begin everything he writes. Evidently, this isn't such a time. You see, I haven't written much lately. In fact, after writing eight feature-length film scripts between 2001 and 2005, I haven't written a single one since. The Post-Hallowed Halls Stress Disorder that almost did me in also did a number on my literary self-esteem. I think that, with time, I finally managed to bury that junk deep enough that it won't resurface anytime soon. But being engaged to my favourite author/screenwriter doesn't help, though. What?!? You lucky [sanitized for your protection]!! Stop your whining!! I'll kill you!! Actually, it's a yin yang thangOn the one hand, she is as supportive as one can be, cheering me on, trying her best to motivate me and to just get me to write something, anything. But, on the other hand, I know I'll never be as good a writer as she is. Those who follow her blog know exactly what I'm talking about...

I guess that it's why I started doing this blog in the first place. It's going to take me a while to get my confidence back so please be patient. Hey, I'm looking for a purpose to this thing too! I promise not to be too existential -some of these blogs tend to get a wee tad masturbatory- I'm just betting back on the horse.  Call it perseverance, hard-headedness, a desperate (futile?) attempt on my part to get attention, whatever. Bottom line, I'll try not to bore you. In the meantime, just enjoy the purty pitchers...

Photo © 2010 Dominic F. Marceau / F Squared Media

No comments:

Post a Comment